We do not accept residential drop offs. Please refer to your local Staples, Best Buy or local government for locations and/or programs that accept residential e-waste. Click here for resources
Do you charge for your services?
- In most cases, there is NO charge for all of our services including, but not limited to, data destruction, recycling, certificates, and itemized inventory. The only thing we have to charge for is:
- On-site hard drive shredding or degaussing data destruction (contact us for pricing)
- Shredding of hard drives only (meaning no recycling of equipment, contact us for pricing)
- CRT monitors or TVs (those are the old big heavy tube ones): $25 minimum up to 25″ diagonally, $1 additional/inch for larger sets, i.e., A 55″ TV would cost $55 to recycle.
- Flat-screen TVs are assessed at $0.25/inch measured diagonally.
Do you charge to pick up my equipment?
- The majority of client pickups do not incur a cost, but we ask that all requests begin with our logistics team to determine the types of electronics that need disposal.
How quickly can you get here to pick up our equipment?
- For local clients, in many cases, we can come pick up within 1-2 days, depending on demand. In some cases, if we have one of our trucks in the area we can pick up the same day. Contact us for more information.
- For national clients, we typically can schedule a pick up no matter where you are within 3-4 business days, sometimes sooner.
Is there a minimum amount needed for a free pick up?
- We generally ask that you have accumulated for pickup at least a pallet’s worth of equipment for our truck to collect. If you want us to come pick up a single keyboard or computer, we might ask that you collect a little more prior to pick up, or utilize our drop-off facilities. In most cases, any accumulation your business has we would be happy to work with you to acquire. We have local truck pick ups everyday. Contact us for more information.
Will you provide us with a bin to leave on site for us to collect e-waste over a period of time?
- Absolutely, we will provide you with a bin and come swap it out whenever it is full. Contact us for more information.
What items do you recycle and accept?
- Click here to view the items we accept.
How do I prepare for a pickup?
- Here’s a printable staging sign so you and your team know exactly how to set up your gear for a pickup.
- Absolutely, we would love the opportunity to bid on your usable assets for sale. In fact, that is what we specialize in. We have a very robust re-marketing system that we have spent many years building and refining, as a result, we can typically pay you top dollar for your equipment. Email us a bid list or Contact Us for more info.
Do you pay for end-of-life recycled electronics?
- In most cases, No. But if you are recycling large amounts of equipment on a regular basis, we will build a custom program for you. Contact Us for more info.
Do you pay for commodities like wire, copper, aluminum, etc?
- Yes, we do, for our business clients. For the latest prices Contact Us for more info.
- All of our clients will receive a Certificate of Recycling, releasing all environmental and data destruction liabilities to us. In addition, if we receive any data-containing device, we will provide you with a Certificate of Data Destruction with the serial number of the device on it, fully releasing you of any liability and placing full responsibility on ER2.
- We have built a customized asset management application (our customer portal) that gives us the ability to provide you with a full manifest of the equipment, asset tags, serial numbers and any other identification reporting you require. Contact Us for more info.
We have multiple locations around the country, can you service them?
- Absolutely, whether you have multiple locations or data center co-locations, we can provide service to you throughout the country. Whether we take care of the pick up ourselves, or leverage our certificated logistical partner network to handle it, you can rest assured your assets will be safely and securely removed and shipped back to our processing facilities. Contact Us for more info.
With multiple national locations, will you still provide me with the reporting needed?
- Yes, we have built a customized asset management application that allows us to report to you exactly what was recycled at each location. Furthermore, we can provide you with a full manifest of the equipment, asset tags, serial numbers and any other identification reporting you require. Contact Us for more info.
Can you still provide these services at NO charge?
- In most cases, YES. The reason being we are willing to front the logistical cost to recycle the equipment and utilize the profits from the re-marketing of the equipment to offset the upfront cost. If the equipment doesn’t have enough re-marketable value we may require some compensation for the cost. Contact Us for more info.
- We can provide pretty much any type of destruction you require. We can shred, degauss, or securely sanitize your data with Department of Defense and NSA approved methods.
- Click Here for more info.
Why should I securely wipe my hard drive vs shred it?
- First, it will increase your asset recovery. Second, it is much more environmentally positive if the material isn’t shredded.
- We utilize US Department of Defense approved sanitization software that completely eliminates the data from the hard drive. It will write 3 passes to every sector of the drive, the 1st pass will be 0’s, 2nd “f’s” and 3rd random characters and then verify. We also randomly check wiped drives utilizing the top 20 data recovery software to ensure all data has been wiped, to date we have never recovered any data.
- We also carry a $5M Professional Liability policy for further assurance. Roughly 90% of all our clients elect this method.
- Click Here for more info.
How much do you charge for Data Destruction?
- If you are recycling other items with us, there is no charge.
- If there are a large amount of just hard drives, we typically charge for destruction services or on-site destruction. However, if you choose to have them securely sanitized utilizing our DoD and NIST approved sanitization methods, there will be no charge.
- Contact Us for more info.
What is your Data Destruction SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)?
- We have a documented, audited process that maintains the highest level of security, chain of custody, and verification. Please contact us directly for a copy of our documented SOP.
- Contact Us for the SOP.
I have a lot of sensitive data on my devices, how do you secure it?
- From the secured, GPS-tracked transportation and pick up, to the data destruction process, we have multiple security measures in place that ensure your equipment will be securely processed. We have a 24-7 video and security-monitored, controlled-access facility. In addition, once your equipment arrives at our facility, it is secured in a limited-access room until the data has been destroyed.
- NOTE: we do not accept residential drop offs
- Yes, we are certified to the Responsible Recycling standard. The standard ensures that the recycler maintains and continually improves positive environmental practices throughout their operation including a zero-landfill impact and zero-export to underdeveloped and under-regulated countries. As a certified recycler, we have to track everything that comes in through our doors to its final disposition, whether that is being fully refurbished or commodity-grade material.
- The sad reality is that recyclers that are not certified are highly incentivized to conduct environmentally irresponsible activities that can have a significantly negative impact on unknowing people and underdeveloped countries. Whether you choose us or not, please highly consider using a certified electronic recycler. Click Here to view our certified facilities.
What standards are you certified to?
- ER2 is certified to four international standards: R2:2008 Responsible Recycling Practices; RIOS Recycling Industry Operating Standard; ISO 9001: 2008; Quality Management System; and ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management System. Click Here to see our certs.
What happens to the recycled electronics?
- In following the recycling hierarchy of Reuse, Recover, Recycle, ER2 believes we are the best in the world at extracting the most value out of every item that passes through our doors. We do our best to reuse and fully refurbish the electronics received. If they can’t be reused, as a whole we will extract the working components for reuse, and responsibly recycle the rest.
- When we must opt to recycle, we will break the components down to the elemental form (steel, plastic, aluminum, copper, etc.) to be then passed on to a commodity-specific processing plant that will turn the material back into commodity-grade material to be reused in manufacturing, building, etc. once again. Our certifications hold us accountable for the material all the way to final disposition.
Do you ship the e-waste to underdeveloped or under-regulated countries, like China or African countries?
- NO, and we can prove it. We are audited by a third-party auditor that reviews and verifies our shipments, processes and downstream vendors. We hold elite certifications that hold us to the highest standards.
- The manufacturers ADP warranty service is restrictive in the number of claims you can make for a single device and requires your staff to open a single claim for every device, wait for packaging to arrive, pack every single device individually, and ship it in for service. While this process might work for individual device ownership, it becomes burdensome to IT staff with large device fleets.
- ER2’s ADP Program is a partnership, we work with your team to ensure campuses have a pool of hot swap devices on hand for when a chromebook goes down, a shipping case that holds 10 devices provided during onboarding allowing IT staff to file a single claim for 10 devices, immediately providing a shipping label to send devices in for replacement. Once received at ER2, the chromebooks will be de-provisioned and replacement chromebooks will be enrolled to the school account, asset tagged, and shipped back in our shipping case.
What’s the typical turnaround time for devices to arrive back to me?
- Once received at ER2, handling time is 1 – 2 business days. Quoted transit time is 3 – 5 days inbound and 3 – 5 days outbound. Total turnaround time is averaging 7 – 8 days.
How are the Google Chrome licenses managed between devices?
- In compliance with Google’s terms and conditions, a Perpetual Standalone Chrome Education Upgrade License can be transferred to a replacement device of the same model or equivalent manufacturer-provided replacement.
- ChromeOS devices bundled with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome Education Upgrade can not be transferred even if you encounter a hardware issue and need to replace it. Devices purchased as a bundle do not qualify for the ER2 ADP program. For more details visit Google’s official documentation here.
Are existing Chromebook fleets available for ADP from ER2?
- Yes, please fill out a contact form and one of our specialists will be in touch.
Do you offer ADP for Windows devices?
- At this time we are only offering ADP warranty for select models of Chromebooks.
Who covers the cost of shipping devices back and forth between ER2 and my school?
- ER2 covers the cost of shipping and provides shipping material
What are the makes and models of devices that can be covered under ADP?
- Click here for a list of qualified models*
*Standard configurations only. Custom configurations subject to approval
Why don’t you cover all Chromebook makes/models?
- By limiting the scope of models we are selling to schools and providing ADP coverage for those models, our clients reap the benefits of volume discounts on the purchasing side and allows our service team to turn claims around in a much more timely manner.
How many more devices do we need to have than students?
- 5% of the fleet at a campus or 50 devices, whichever is greater*
*Subject to change based on claim rate review
Couldn’t Find What You Were Looking For?
Write your question here and we will get back to you within 24 hours.